Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Carvalho de rei update No 7 - Why all so slow?

Hi every one! Today, I don't have a lot news, but want little bit talk about Carvalho track conversion. Actually, why work is going slow, what I doing on and so on...
First, it is one my favorite gravel tracks, made in BTB, not by me, but it's really cool stage. Also, I like "Undva" (Kytt), and of course "Rally Guanajuato Mexico 2012 SS - El Cubilete" (ChrisB) and few stages from Savo teams. At this time, I talk only about gravel stages, which leave big impression for me...
Ok, back to Carvalho, zaxxon BTB author of this track, allow me make conversion and I start on. But as always, when author in BTB dont think about conversion, he leave some mistakes - its blending option. Sad, but Wallaby don't support texture blending (native RBR tracks used texture blending, but we don't have original track exporter...) and all effect is losing in conversion process. As result I must texture again all ground meshes. Its long, slow and monotonous work. Now I used Google street view and have a lot new authentic details, so I change road mesh meter by meter, to get more real road details. I decided, if I every day do for some small part of this project, may after half of a year, we will see some first test, but it will brand new stage...

PS. By the way, Haguneu SSS - I'm finish all job on except, shadows generating. This service is to slow, I must wait few day for result and if its bad (as it before) send again files change preferences and wait again. So I hope, in this week, make realize for all plugins without shadows - version 1.0.0. And after I will have good shadows result and give feedback about bugs update version... So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment